Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York City and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village CT. We also have offices in Denver, Boulder, and Detroit.
The Bookkeeper position is based in New York and supervised by the Controller. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the day to day accounting entries and month to month reconciliations.
• Process a significant volume of payments on a regular basis.
• Conduct bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Receive and enter credit card reports into the accounting system.
• Enter incoming deposits into the accounting system.
• Experience and strong knowledge of QuickBooks
• Experience in a bookkeeper role, managing receivables and payables
• Detail oriented and extremely organized
• Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work well with different levels of staff across various departments
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Jewcology